- 3 medium tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed and roasted
- 3-4 small cloves garlic ~~minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
Add oil to a deep skillet, and add all of the ingredients. Season with salt and simmer uncovered stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes.
Depending on the size of your tomatoes, makes about 1 1/2 cups. You can refrigerate a few days or freeze the rest.
To roast a Jalapeno:
Turn broiler on high, I usually put it on 500. Put the jalapeno in the over closest to the broiler and bake about 10 minutes. Keep checking it, when the sides are crispy and bubbly remove from oven, and put in a paper bag to cool.
Peel the skin off and remove seeds and stem.
Be careful while handling it after it is roasted everything will be spicy. I use gloves so I don't itch my eyes and have them burning...
Yummy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment