Last night was Kellen's first night not in his crib, and in a different room, and let me tell you he did amazing. Andy and I were completely dreading last night and I was so worried there would be no more nap time, but Kellen amazed us and was such a good boy. Ever since he has been born there are times where I just look at him and he just completely blows my mind and I feel at that moment I could not be anymore proud of him, (although I do know that as he grows up that will continue to happen). Last night and today were one of those times, I actually thought about it all day today how proud I am of him and how well he listens. Last night I sat with him for just a few minutes because he was crying a little, probably scared and over tired, he calmed down and I went to bed. We never had to get up once, he just put himself to sleep. Now I was thinking it was too good to be true and nap time today would be a bear, well BOY did he prove me wrong!! After I put him to bed I had to go in there one time and tell him it was time for ni ni and give him Elmo back. He had thrown it off his bed and would NOT get off the bed to get it. He cried for a few minutes and he is still asleep at 5:15. Now I hope this trend continues and the next step is to get that little man potty trained....I am not ready for that at all, but I think he would be doing a great job at it if I tried a little harder to get him to go. He knows what it is and when he is doing it, but he tells me he doesn't want to go on the potty so I don't make him.....I think if we went on there more he would be doing much better at it. Wouldn't that be amazing if he was potty trained AND bed trained by the time baby girl came. HAHA

Kellen and Linkin playing with toys. Kellen gets real mad when Link doesn't let the toys go....he thinks they are his not the dogs ha!
Linkin and Daddy snuggling before putting Kellen to bed. We were wrestling with Kellen and Linkin gets a little upset, he sure loves that little guy!
Today Kellen and I FINALLY got to go to Cassie and Joe's house to see all 4 of them (Layla included). Kellen is talking and Joe and Cassie all the time, he sees pictures of a gorilla and says Layla. We also have been practicing Easton's name and he is doing really well at that. While I held the baby Kellen watched toons and ate some bips (chips) that Cassie gave him. It really did not bother him at all I was holding Easton. He just wanted to sit next to me, he is such a big little boy! Then we all went to lunch and while I went away Kellen just HAD to stay with Joe and Sassy. He watched the baby and used his inside vice while he was sleeping. We might get extra lucky and get to see them again tomorrow, Layla needs to play with her friends and do some good running!
Hope everyone had a great start to the week, we sure did!! Tomorrow we get to have a skype date with Liz, Honor and Sailor again (they were supposed to come and visit). Weather says snow so they are going to stay home and stay safe....it better snow or I am going to be real sad ;-). Either way we get to talk tomorrow and also get to see them all weekend.
This week is going to be VERY fun, can't wait for the weekend
Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment